Friday, January 15, 2010

Architecture 101






I tend to like older architecture more and honestly dismiss a lot of the new stuff I see around. But I have had my eye on a couple of new things. Oddly enough they all happen to be on the same block. The first round of snaps are the ones I have posted above. Don't know who designed the building, Im sure someone famous. I love the metal screens that pull down in front of the apartment, like a garage door, to where I havent a clue... to no where... or everywhere, depends on how you look at it. Im not quite sure of the purpose. I guess for privacy with out having to block out all the beautiful light with drapes or blinds. Those windows are massive. Can you imagine the natural light in that place. Awesome. Whatever they are for I think they are cool. Sophisticated but still punk.

No comments: